RECENT BOND UPDATE
Due to restrictions put in place by Covid-19 the following is the procedure to bond someone out of incarceration at the Boyd County Detention Center.
Clerks Office will only take bonds that are over $10,000 and an appointment has been scheduled. All other bonds shall be paid though this process.
There are three methods bonds can be paid:
1. By cash or credit card. This can be done 24 hours a day at Kiosk located in small metal extension located directly beside main jail lobby entrance.
2. By Cashiers Check during Business Hours
3. By Venmo.
See Below for directions for each method. Please call Detention Center at 606-739-4224 to confirm bond amount and inform staff of your method of bonding before starting any bonding process.
Bonds may be paid with a Cashiers Check at the Jail during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4 pm, excluding holidays).
• Bonds via Venmo will be taken at Jail 24 hours a day
• Only Bonds under $10,000 can be accepted. (over $10,000 will need to schedule an appoint with Boyd Circuit Clerk)
• Lobby is closed and no entry will be allowed to facility thus NO cash can be taken.
• You may pay online with credit card or linked bank account through venmo. You can set up account and/or download app at
. You need to search payment contacts for boydjailbonds. It should have a picture of our deputy badge.
You will need to follow below steps:
For Venmo Payments:
Step 1: Call the jail (606-739-4224) and verify inmates bond amount
Step 2: Go to Venmo and pay bond amount given to you by BCDC Staff. Remember amount given to you will be bond amount plus $30 clerk fees. When you do payment make sure it is email@example.com with our badge as picture. Put bond payment with name of person you are bonding out in description of payment.
Step 3: Call the jail back and confirm your bail payment went through. Once confirmation is made, incarcerated person will be released.
** Releasing time is approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour after payment is confirmed so plan accordingly**